Hair extensions have become an incredibly popular product in the beauty sector with countless women looking for a way to achieve longer, thicker locks.
If you’re confused about whether clip-in or tape hair extensions are the right option for you, below are the facts that you’ll need to make a decision.
Tape extensions are popular amongst those who are looking to add volume to their hair but want to use a method that will last longer.
These hair extensions use clear, double-sided tape that’s connected to the weft’s root. The wefts are taped directly to your hair’s root at the scalp.
- High quality and long lasting
- Light and versatile
- Quicker application times
- Natural-looking and easy to maintain and style
- Lasts up to 3 months and reusable up to 4 times
- Solvent required to remove extensions
- Application can be messy when done incorrectly
- Low-quality human hair is used to produce extensions
A more detailed explanation of the tape extension method and application process can be found here: https://ehhairextensions.com.au/tape-hair-extensions/
As stated in the name, clip-in hair extensions are attached to your hair with a clip, giving you instant volume and length.
If you’re a fan of trying different hairstyles and colouring methods without having to commit to anything permanent, clip-in extensions are a great choice. Many women choose to use clip-in extensions for special occasions or events when they want their hair to look different.
- No hair damage occurs unless you have fine hair
- Affordable and easy to style
- Services of a professional are not required
- Quick and easy way to update your hairstyle
- Clip-in extensions can fall off if hair is pulled
- Low cost means fake hair is quite common
- Difficult to match extensions to your natural hair colour
- Can be easily damaged
- Needs to be removed before sleeping to avoid friction against scalp
When it comes to deciding on hair extensions, it all comes down to your hair type, budget and specific requirements.